PI Diagnose lets you solicit honest, anonymous employee feedback, so you can take action to improve the employee experience and build a better workplace.
To get the most from Diagnose, it’s important to understand how the software works. Everything you do in Diagnose ties back to four core steps:
- Select: Select a survey that best fits your current engagement efforts.
- Distribute: Send your survey to your team or organization to collect candid feedback.
- Analyze: Understand the results and pinpoint critical areas of disengagement.
Learn more about each step below.
Your Diagnose experience begins at the Survey Center. Here, you can either:
- Create a survey based on our list of survey templates.
- Manage any surveys you’ve drafted, published, or completed.
When creating a survey, you can filter templates by one of five category filters: Engagement, Job, Manager, People, and Organization. Select the survey that best reflects your team or organization’s current engagement needs.
Example: If you’re concerned about overall engagement at your organization, select “Overall Pulse Check.” If you’re specifically concerned about team engagement, select the “Trust” survey under the People category.
Once you’ve selected a template and reviewed the included questions, you’ll be prompted to send your survey.
Choose from one of the following distribution methods:
- Import your data: Upload an organization file to capture long-term engagement trends and segment the results by team. You’ll schedule the exact start and end date of your survey, and Diagnose will automatically send the survey to your list of recipients.
- Create a quick link: Generate a shareable link for faster, aggregate-only feedback. Your survey goes live immediately and is open to anyone who clicks on the link for 14 days. (Note: You cannot segment these results.)
Once your survey goes live, communicate it to your team or organization. Then, simply wait for the responses to come in.
After your survey closes, Diagnose will compile the data, which you can find via the Analyze tab. Here, you’ll be able to view where engagement is highest or lowest across your sample.
The data is presented in three formats: an overview, a summary of strengths & caution areas, and an itemized list of survey questions:
- Overview: View “health” scores for each of the five categories: Engagement, Job, Manager, People, and Organization.
- Strengths & caution areas: See a summary of your greatest engagement strength and biggest improvement area.
- Survey questions: View a detailed breakdown of each survey item, including how it scored, how others in your industry scored, and how much this item impacts engagement.
Bring this data back to your team or organization, so you can discuss the results and create an action plan to address areas of disengagement.
Tips and best practices
Here are some other tips to help you make the most of Diagnose:
- Want to end a live survey sooner? Select “Close Survey” from the Survey Center.
- Accidentally schedule a survey? Cancel the survey to prevent recipients from taking it.
- Looking to clean up your Survey Center? Delete any drafted surveys you no longer need.
- Want to further slice and dice your survey data? Export your survey data as an Excel document.