The search function helps you find people and jobs that have already been created in the software.
Your dashboard view may vary from the screen below, but the core search functions are consistent.
How to use search
- Log in to the PI software.
- Select the desired product dashboard (e.g., Hire).
- Click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner until a drop-down field appears, saying “Search for people and jobs.”
- Enter the person or job you’re looking for directly into the search field.
- Select the desired option from the results that populate below.
Permission rules for PI’s search
If you don’t see what or who you’re looking for, it may be due to your access level in a given PI product. Here are the basic rules governing search access and permissions:
- All users can search for employees across all PI products.
- Limited users in Hire can search for employees, plus jobs and candidates that have been shared with them.
- Admins in Hire and organization admins can search for employees, candidates, and jobs without restriction.
1. Log in to the PI software.
2. Click the gear icon () in the top-right of the navigation bar.
3. In the Administration page, search the name or email of the user whose access level you’d like to change.
4. Select the user’s name. This will bring you to a screen titled Edit User Record.
5. Within the User Product Access section, find the PI Product(s) for which you’d like to modify access.
6. Under Access Level, click the drop-down, and select the desired access level.
7. Select Save Changes.