If you’ve chosen to set a Cognitive Target, see how well a candidate fits that target by having them complete the PI Cognitive Assessment.
How to send the PI Cognitive Assessment
- Log in to PI Hire.
- From the Jobs Dashboard, select either a Job you’ve created or a Job for which you have Edit access.
- Select the Candidates tab.
- Click the Send Assessments button.
Preparing candidates for the cognitive assessment
The PI Cognitive Assessment is an incredibly powerful predictor of on-the-job success. But that power comes with responsibility.
It’s critical to understand the ethics of administering cognitive assessments. Cognitive data should not be the lone determinant for hiring decisions. If you hire solely based on cognitive data, you risk ignoring other aspects of a person’s candidacy, which can lead to bias (even if subconscious) and adverse impact.
Thankfully, you can avoid that scenario with the right preparation and intention. To use the CA effectively, start by setting the right expectations with your candidates.
When sending them the assessment, tell them:
- It is a 12-minute timed assessment that includes verbal, numerical, and abstract reasoning questions.
- The assessment should have your full concentration, so limit or remove any possible distractions.
- Read instructions carefully and use your own judgment to answer questions.
- The PI Cognitive Assessment does not measure intelligence, education, or experience. It simply measures a person’s capacity to learn, adapt, and grasp new concepts.
For more information about the PI Cognitive Assessment, visit Cognitive Assessment Scoring.